CareersDown to Earth Labs is currently hiring a seasonal employee to join our team for the summer testing season. We are looking for a Laboratory Technician Assistant to help in processing and analyzing samples to provide customers with accurate and timely results.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare soil and tissue samples
o Dry samples for analysis
o Grind samples for analysis
• Assist Technicians in the analysis of samples for a variety of analytes
• Record results accurately
• Adhere to Quality Control programs
• Use and maintain equipment, such as scales and pH electrodes
• Keep work area clean and tidy during analysis
• Clean work area following analysis
• Leave work area prepared for next day analysis
Hours are 40 hours per week, with a four-day work week
Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday
Start time is 5-6am
Start day is ASAP
Seasonal term duration is 8 to 10 weeks
The desired candidate will be able to work quickly and efficiently with high attention to detail. They should be able to work effectively without supervision and among a team environment. There are no educational requirements, although lab experience would be an asset as well as an agricultural background.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Laboratory Technician Assistant Job Application” or apply in person to the office, located at 3510 6th Ave North, Lethbridge.